Veloce is running a 35% STAY-INDOORS-AND-READ discount on its website for the foreseeable future.
ABOUT THE BOOK
The explosion of Patina Volkswagens on social media has inspired those car fanatics who realise that you don’t have to restore a car to end up with a good-looking ride. At last, you can stand out from the crowd, even on a tight budget. The look of the cars that result from patina builds is honest, unspoiled, and characterful; it has also inspired the media, movie stars and celebrities.
Interest in patination has undoubtedly resulted in increased car values, and turned a brand of cars that had always been a cheap, honest mode of transportation into something cool with a high price tag. The people the look initially inspired have grown with the hobby, finding ways to achieve a great look on a tight budget, and producing a micro-industry that still manages to embrace the ‘Built not bought’ ethos.
This book takes a look at the differing styles of patina VW build, and imparts tips on finding and buying a project car, carrying out a sympathetic patina style renovation, and includes a chapter on recreating a patina finish on repaired areas or missing parts.
How to Build a Patina Volkswagen by Mark Walker
£30.00(UK), $45.00(US), 60.00(CAN)
- Covers the different styles of Patina VWs
- Explains what constitutes a patina Volkswagen
- Shows the reader what is involved in purchasing a Patina project vehicle
- Explores a brief history and evolution of the Patina scene
- Looks at sympathetic restoration of VWs
- Looks at car preservation, not restoration
- Focuses on both modified and unmodified cars
- Explores the different manifestations of the look
- Covers some of the most common modifications
- Shows the reader all of the individual elements needed to build a good-looking Patina VW